2/1/10

No Regrets

With technology these days there are hundreds of acronyms most of which I have no idea the meaning of. I have created my own acronym that I will refer to as (WIRT) which simply means, Will I Regret This. You can ask this about virtually everything you do in life. The answers may vary from person to person but some are really pretty obvious. Will I regret eating this entire chocolate pie? Will I regret spending $300 on lottery tickets? Will I regret dropping out of school? These are pretty obvious. Chances are more than likely that you would regret these things.

My wife has been using this line for several weeks now in relation to our training programs. She says things about how you will never regret working out hard and being in the best shape of your life. You will never regret being able to fit into that new bikini this summer. You will never regret investing your time and money into something that can improve and possibly add years to your life. Now on the other hand, you may regret not doing any of these things. You may regret being unhealthy and have a poor quality of life. You may regret not ever feeling comfortable in your own clothes. You may regret not investing some time and money into taking care of yourself. I can guarantee you that if you don't spend the time and money to take care of yourself now, you will have to in the future.

Remind yourself of (WIRT) when you make some of these decisions in the future. I bet you won't regret it.

No comments: