1/25/10

Randy Blair




B.S. Fitness and Human Performance
Crossfit Level 1 Trainer


I have been involved in fitness my entire life. I have had the opportunity to learn from the best. At the University of Houston, I trained under the guidance of Tom Tellez, one of the most decorated Olympic sprint coaches of all time. I also had the opportunity to run with and learn from track and field legend Carl Lewis and other members of the Santa Monica Track Club. I briefly ran for Texas A&M University as well. I graduated with a degree in Fitness and Human Performance from the University of Houston under the guidance of Dr. Eugene Coleman, Strength and Conditioning coach for the Houston Astros. I am married to my high school sweetheart and I am the father of three beautiful children. With the education and knowledge I have gained through many years of experience and great teachers, I will continue to seek God’s guidance and teach the importance of fitness and health; physically, mentally, and spiritually (1 Timothy 4:8).

I started training over 20 years ago while I was in college. After receiving my degree in Fitness and Human Performance, I continued to train while also teaching full-time. In 1999, I wrote a mission statement for a business I planned to one day open called Trinity Fitness. In 2003, Trinity Fitness became a reality. I trained for 6 years in a small, private studio where I trained with both free-weights and selectorized machines. In other words, I trained the way I was trained to train rather than the way I trained myself.

I had always trained very athletically and functionally. I have a great video that I shot in 1999 with a friend where we were doing what we called the "Obstacle Course" workout. In it we did push-ups, pull-ups, handstand push-ups, sit-ups and plyometric jumps all in one workout. I loved training this way but never even imagined training others the same way. That was until the summer of 2007 when I discovered CrossFit. CrossFit didn't necessarily teach me anything that I didn't already know about elite fitness but they did give me the confidence to start training others the same way I trained myself. In addition to my college degree in fitness, I have been a certified CrossFit Level 1 Trainer.

There are many trainers and facilities that train similar to myself. People have more than enough options and I think that we are slowly but surely turning the tide on becoming more healthy. I have done this my entire life and it is one of my greatest passions. I definitely practice what I preach and have every intention to continue doing what I have always done and that is to be healthy physically and spiritually. My goal with Trinity Fitness is to help others do the same.

No comments: