3/13/09

Sometimes when I may want to get a little lazy or complacent with my workouts, all I need is some good movie quotes to light the fire again. Here are some of my favorites.

Vision Quest
Elmo: It ain't the six minutes. It's what happens in those six minutes.

My name is Lowden. Lowden Swain. Last week I turned 18. I wasn't ready for it. I haven't done anything yet. So I made this deal with myself. This is the year I make my mark.

Chariots of Fire
Harold: If I can't win, I won't race!
Sybil: If you won't race, you can't win.

Rocky
Adrian: There's one thing I want you to do for me.
Rocky Balboa: What's that?
Adrian: Win!

Apollo Creed: Now, when we fought, you had that eye of the tiger, man; the edge! And now you gotta get it back, and the way to get it back is to go back to the beginning. You know what I mean?

Clubber Lang: I'm going to bust you up.
Rocky Balboa: Go for it.

Rocky: Oh, Adrian. Adrian always tells the truth. No, maybe I can't win. Maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know.

Duke: Now you're gonna have to go through hell. Worse than any nightmare you ever dreamed. But in the end, I know you'll be the one standing.
Rocky: I'll try.
Duke: You know what you have to do. Do it. Do it.

Rocky: Going in one more round when you don't think you can - that's what makes all the difference in your life.

No comments: