5/18/10

Nothing is Impossible


When I was first inspired to start Trinity Fitness in the Fall of 1998, I did so with the intent to encourage and help people become more fit physically, mentally, and spiritually. Since that time and more specifically in the last few years, I have experienced that for myself first-hand. Physically, I train and eat better than ever before. I am stronger and more fit than I was in my early 20's and I definitely eat better which has resulted in a more healthy lifestyle.

Spiritually, I have been on a journey and back. Just in the past few years, I have gone through what I consider the toughest years of my life. Besides the normal stresses of everyday life that included job transitions and family additions, I was battling a unseen force that was making me feel bad physically. After years of tests and procedures I was finally diagnosed with Celiac disease in the summer of 2009. I immediately adopted a wheat and gluten free way of life. For those of you who are not familiar with that diet, it basically takes out any and everything that has flour in it. I even had to travel with my own toaster so that I wouldn't cross-contaminate my food with restricted food. It definitely put a strain on me and my family although it is a better way to eat.

I made the following comment from a post back in October saying, "I have been diagnosed with IBS, Celiac disease, and have had my gallbladder removed with horrible side effects. I am no longer able to eat anything I want and that will be the case for the rest of my life." Well, apparently God didn't agree with my blog post that day. The Bible says in Luke 18:27 that "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."

In March I went back to my doctor and he wanted to do some additional tests on me that would include more specific tests for Celiac disease. I had to reintroduce wheat and gluten back into my diet for the test to be accurate. I noticed that I was not having any side effects. I took my tests and received word that I had no trace of Celiac disease. What tested positive last year came back negative this year. Celiac disease can only be managed through diet and is considered incurable and untreatable. I guess the doctors forgot about the ultimate physician who is not limited with man made medicines and prognosis.

I know many may try to dismiss my healing as this or that but I am going to give credit where credit is due. For the last year I have had to live under the umbrella of Celiac disease and now I don't for the "Son" has come out and the rain has stopped.

No comments: